Friday 3 April 2015

Meatless Meal- Simple mushroom meal!



I'm a veteran lover of meat, but since the beginning of the year, I've forced myself to have some meatless days. To my surprise, I quite enjoy them because they are so stress free... I don't think anyone can ever go disastrously wrong with veges right...?



This is one of my favourite meals because it has mushroom and I absolutely love me some mushroom :D

Ingredients (serves 2)

1 and 1/2 cups sliced button mushroom
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 yellow pepper, sliced
1/2 medium onion diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
sprinkle of curry powder (optional)

Salad
Salad leaf mix: spinach, watercress, rocket
Halved cherry tomatoes
grated carrot
Italian salad dressing (optional)

Heat a pan, and then reduce to medium heat. Saute the peppers and onion for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, or until they are softening but still a little crunchy. Add all the muchroom, and continue to saute in the pan. I love my mushrooms with just salt, I feel like it's enough to bring the mushroomy flavour out just the way I like it. Alternatively, when you add the salt, you can also sprinkle some curry powder for a beautiful spicy aroma. keep moving everything together with a splash of water to get the flavours to combine completely and to cook the mushroom. The total cooking time for the mushroom should be 5 minutes so that they are not over cooked.

You can serve with toasted garlic bread, but I opted for fries on this day. Anything goes really :)

Perk? This is really quick and healthy depending on what you serve it with.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment